Monday, April 9, 2007

This Violin Playing Flame

Take a walk, lose yourself to the nature
Step by step, bit by bit

Feel the fine movements of the foot
On the fallen branches, the stones

You were made in perfection
Evolution or god, does it matter?

The streams, the wind, trees
River, fish and grass

Slower, a lot slower this time
No rush, walk in peace and calm

Smell, watch, touch
The leaves, water and butterflies

Hold the branch, talk to the bush
Fly with the bees, taste the honey

Visit the crickets and ants
See with eye of the mountain

The view; beauty, magnificence
Can you hear the birds sing?

All these years, where have I been?
What have I been doing?

This fire from my life
Burning me to my soul

Why didn’t I see? Why didn’t I care?
Give and take, why did I just take?

How could I? My soul shouting
Spirit complaining. Why didn’t I hear?

I keep writing, tearing myself apart
It is a lie; there no god

No crucifixion, no forgiveness
Why blame? Can’t you see?

The grass is greener, if you look
The water is purer, if you drink

Is this a tragedy or delight?
When did sorrow become joy?

When did wine become ecstasy?
This violin playing flame

Blazing deep inside my soul
Who awakened me? Take it back

Let my ignorance tree grow again
Let its branches be my wounds

Oh I wish those blind eyes back
Those deaf ears I envy

Nature I lost myself to all life long
Although green, it wasn’t mine

3 comments:

Sadiq said...

beautiful expression. and thanks for submitting to the Sufi Poetry Canival!

blessings.

shree said...

lovely .i loved the poem so much.thanks for posting

Nima said...

Thanks Sadiq and Shree. I was in a very weird vibe at the time...